POSITION TITLE: Systems and Information Technology Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems and Technology
REPORTING TO: Chief Financial Officer
STATUS: Permanent, Full time
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto, Financial Core *Remote Work from Home*
ABOUT THE ONTARIO PHARMACISTS ASSOCIATION
The Ontario Pharmacists Association is committed to evolving the pharmacy profession and advocating for excellence in practice and patient care. With more than 10,000 members, OPA is Canada’s largest advocacy organization, and professional development and drug information provider for pharmacy professionals across Ontario. By leveraging the unique expertise of pharmacy professionals, enabling them to practise to their fullest potential, and making them more accessible to patients, OPA is working to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the healthcare system. The pharmacy sector plays a strong role in Ontario with an economic impact of more than $6.3 billion across 4,500 pharmacies, employing 60,000 Ontarians.
The Systems and Information Technology Analyst reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The job holder is responsible for assisting with providing technology leadership, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders, and providing expert assistance for all technology-based organizational initiatives. The Systems and Information Technology Analyst provides systems and application support. Core duties include process enhancements, quality assurance, compliance and stability of the existing environment, identifying and assessing system requirements, developing system rules and processes, creating and executing test plans, and providing user training and first level application support. This includes, participating in the process of preparing the annual budget and assisting with cost estimates for a variety of IT projects.
- Lead all technology-based organizational initiatives through leadership and subject matter expert support
- Lead the implementation of new technology systems and applications, including providing ongoing maintenance and performing any necessary changes.
- Manage Vendor Agreements, initiate RFP processes when required and maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for internal applications (such as Salesforce, WordPress CMS, WooCommerce and other off the self products) and provide first level support when issues arise
- Identify business challenges and opportunities and research off-the shelf products that are able to address them
- Coordinate with third party vendors to develop/configure applications with the objective of enhancing existing systems and developing new systems to deliver on gathered requirements
- Collaborate with business users, analysts, and developers to resolve complex defects or issues and to ensure delivery of quality software products
- Use problem solving skills to break down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes
- Identify and communicate gaps, redundancies and risks associated with proposed solutions
- Analyze the requirements and business processes, and UI wireframes for flow completeness, accuracy and testability
- Develop and execute test sets and test cases as needed to support the testing cycle
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, including end-to-end application testing
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, manuals, providing help and training users
- Produce ad-hoc reports by pulling and combining the data from multiple data sources (website data, LMS, etc.)
- Support internal departments on their reporting needs by building custom reports in Salesforce based on provided requirements
- Assist with the technology’s department budget preparation and cost estimation for a variety of technology projects.
- Maintain inventory and ensure continual operation of the IT network and applications.
- Other duties as assigned
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
Equivalent education or experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in project management, business analysis, and solution architecture
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with e-commerce, CRM, Event Management, Learning Management and financial accounting systems
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with business process design and product configuration
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with testing web, client server and mobile applications
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in working with end users directly and providing first level support as SME
- Experience in technical operations management including hardware, desktops, network, vendor/supplier management
- Working in a small to medium size not-for-profit organization an asset
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong analytical, critical and creative thinking, troubleshooting skills
- Leadership skills to help drive existing systems towards new technologies and platforms
- Knowledge of Salesforce platform and WordPress CMS
- Proficient with SQL and Microsoft Office suite
- Comfortable interacting with different seniority levels of business users and software vendors
- Quick learner and comfortable wearing different hats as required to resolve problems or overcome challenges
- Self-starter with an ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
What We Offer:
- Employer sponsored health, life and dental benefit package
- Ability to participate in the defined contribution pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Exclusive employee perks
- Employee recognition lunches and company sponsored social events
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume along with their salary expectations to [email protected].
No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCESSIBILITY AND ACCOMMODATION:
It is important to OPA that all its employees, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.