March is Pharmacy Appreciation Month (PAM). With the recent implementation of minor ailment services, pharmacies play an increasingly crucial role in providing quality health care to patients. PAM is a time to celebrate the unwavering impact pharmacy professionals have on patients and in healthcare.
Stories help bring people together, and for this year’s PAM, we invite you to submit a photo or video and a story about:
- a meaningful patient interaction that made you feel empowered or left an impression,
- a memorable experience that bonded your team,
- or share what inspired you to pursue a career in pharmacy.
Video submissions should be 30-60 seconds and it can be of you sharing your story or with your team. We encourage you to get creative to showcase your message. Please also include your first and last name, as well as your role/ title with your submission. If you are including a team photo, please also include the names of the individuals in the photo. Your PAM story should be unique and not have been submitted to any other organizations or associations.
PAM Giveaway Draw
To show our appreciation for PAM, we are doing prize giveaways for members who send in submissions. Video submissions get double the chance to win and will receive two (2) entries in the draw! Kindly note, the PAM draw is only open to OPA members, but non-members are permitted to submit stories. Prizes include:
Thank you to Manulife Insurance for graciously sponsoring the PAM prizes. Learn more about the insurance options available for OPA members here.
Your submission will be featured on our website and social media* platforms, as a way to recognize and celebrate the vital role that pharmacy professionals play in healthcare.
We can’t wait to see and share your submissions! Please send your story or video via the form below. The deadline for submissions is Monday, February 27th. If you are experiencing issues with the online form, email your submissions to [email protected]
Tips for Recording Your Video
- Find a location that is well-lit with natural sunlight or plenty of indoor lighting
- Choose a quiet location with little background noise (street sounds, music, other people)
- Avoid spaces with lots of echoes
- Turn off air conditioners and heaters to avoid fan noises
- Provide a seat for yourself that is stationary and quiet (no chairs with wheels/swivels, overstuffed cushions, or squeaky screws)
- Set your laptop, phone, or camera on a tripod or steady surface (please do not hold your camera while shooting to avoid shaky footage)
- Shoot horizontally (use landscape mode and avoid portrait mode)
- Position the camera at eye level (if you can, avoid angles where the camera lens is looking up or down on you)
- Choose a non-distracting background.
*Please note video and/or submitted content may be edited for length.