Pharmacists who are aged 65 and over, pharmacists who are resigned or on LTD benefits, pharmacists who are not currently practicing in Ontario, and non-pharmacists.
The membership fee does NOT include professional liability insurance (PLI). To purchase PLI, add to cart during the checkout process.
Your Ontario Pharmacists Association membership will expire on December 31, 2023.
$359.00 for 1 year
Important Membership Notes:
- Supporting categories are not eligible to vote at OPA’s Annual General Meeting or for Board elections. If this is important to you, select either the Pharmacist or Owner and Manager category.
- Out of Province: Includes only those pharmacists living outside Ontario regardless of where they are practicing. Pharmacists who live in Ontario but practice outside of Ontario should choose the Pharmacist category.
- Non-pharmacist category is for those who are not pharmacy professionals, would like to support OPA and the pharmacy profession and want to receive member benefits.
Benefits of OPA Supporting Membership
Raise Advocacy to New Heights
Advocacy efforts for pharmacy professionals are critical, as demonstrated by minor ailments prescribing. This is a monumental change that will take pharmacy to new levels. OPA leverages the voice of pharmacy professionals to create impactful change. We advocate for enhanced scope of practice, to improve patient care, and for efforts that have the profession’s long-term interests in mind. Level up with OPA and join in strengthening the voice of the pharmacy profession.
Up Your Protection with Insurance
During this transformative time in pharmacy, OPA’s leading professional liability insurance (PLI) goes above and beyond to protect you as you fulfill your professional duties. Kindly note, PLI is not included with OPA membership and needs to be added during the checkout process. Here are a few benefits of OPA’s PLI:
- Extended Reporting Period: Includes 3 years of coverage even after you retire*.
- Tribunal Legal Expenses: Options are inclusive of $50,000 to cover legal expenses incurred if you are required to appear before the Ontario College of Pharmacy Disciplinary Committee. A higher amount is available for an additional fee. Deductible applies.
- Criminal Action Extension: Covers you with legal defence expenses at OCP disciplinary hearings or complaints to OCP, as well as expenses if you are charged with criminal offences and the trial fails to result in a conviction.
- Scope of Practice: Automatically covers any changes in the scope of practice at no extra costs immediately after approval by the OCP.
*provided upon request.
Learn More about OPA’s PLI for Pharmacists.
Insurance options to protect you, your loved ones, and your valuables. With newly expanded insurance products at competitive rates, OPA members can now choose from a wider range of options. Have peace of mind and ensure you are protected when you need it the most. Select from improved term life, secure health, auto and home, and many more insurance products.
Rack Savings with Member Discounts
Membership benefits allow you to rack savings and elevate your practice and personal life.
- OPA MemberPerks offers exclusive discounts on top brands, products, services and more. In 2022 members collectively saved over $15K through OPA MemberPerks alone!
- To help foster wellbeing, this year we are excited to offer members a new member benefit—Focus Mental Wellness, an online video, text, and phone therapy platform.
- Receive exclusive savings on perks that you can apply in your practice, like Canadian Red Cross Training, Pharmacist’s Letter Canada, and Vigilance Santé. Have flexibility and earn extra income by picking up relief shifts through Relief Buddy. Plus, there are many other benefits for everyday life including Manulife banking, and GoodLife.
Boost Your Professional Development
Professional Development (PD) helps boost your knowledge and expand your expertise. Being part of OPA connects you to a group that understands the dedication and unique aspects of your work.
- With an OPA membership, you save up to 50% on more than 50 PD programs covering a broad range of topics. Plus, complete many programs remotely, on your own time.
- Get access to various complimentary live webinars on timely pharmacy topics presented by distinguished speakers through The Right Dose series