All students who currently participate in a full-time undergraduate or graduate pharmacy program as well as interns, residents, and those in the International Pharmacy Graduate (IPG) program.
The membership fee does NOT include professional liability insurance (PLI). To purchase PLI, add to cart during the checkout process.
Your Ontario Pharmacists Association membership will expire on December 31, 2023.
$75.00 for 1 year
Early Bird Draw
Register by December 9, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. for a chance to win 1 of the following*:
Important Membership Notes:
- Undergraduates are based on expected pharmacy undergraduate degree year.
- Documentation may be required for students in a Masters, residency or IPG program.
- Graduate students include Masters students and post-grad PharmD students and are all assumed to be licensed pharmacists with the College.
Benefits of OPA Student Membership
OPA LEAD is a member-exclusive initiative that connects early-career pharmacy professionals with education, resources, events, and networking opportunities. The program goes beyond clinical and practice knowledge and helps with developing soft skills and confidence which can be applied throughout your pharmacy career.
Rack Savings with Member Discounts
Membership benefits provide you the opportunity to rack savings that can be equal to or greater than your membership fees.
- OPA MemberPerks offers exclusive discounts on top brands, products, services and more. In 2022 members collectively saved over $15K through OPA MemberPerks alone!
- Receive exclusive savings on perks that you can apply in your practice, like Canadian Red Cross Training.
- Enjoy flexibility and earn extra income by picking up relief shifts through Relief Buddy.
- Plus, there are many other benefits for everyday life, including TELUS, Manulife banking, and GoodLife Fitness.
- To help foster wellbeing, this year we are excited to offer members a new benefit—Focus Mental Wellness, an online video, text, and phone therapy platform.
Raise Advocacy to New Heights
- Advocacy efforts for pharmacy professionals are critical as demonstrated by minor ailments prescribing. This change will take pharmacy to new levels and OPA is here to help you prepare.
- As an OPA student member, you can create a significant impact, get involved with advocacy, and shape the profession’s future through the Student Advisory Council (SAC). Learn more.
- The OPA Pharmacy Student positions allow you to gain a greater understanding of OPA’s role within the pharmacy profession and learn more about the different factors affecting pharmacy practice.
- OPA leverages the voice of pharmacy professionals to create impactful change. We advocate for enhanced scope of practice, to improve patient care, and for efforts that have the profession’s long-term interests in mind. Level up with OPA and join in strengthening the voice of the pharmacy profession. Learn more.
Up Your Protection with Insurance
Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) provides financial reimbursement in situations where a lawsuit is brought against you (for example, if a mistake is made in dispensing medication). PLI is required for pharmacists, pharmacy students, pharmacy interns, and pharmacy technicians.
The Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) has mandated that everyone who is registered as Part A with the College must have PLI. Learn More About:
OPA members can now select from a wider range of insurance products as we’ve added additional coverage options in 2022. Choose from new insurance products including travel insurance, student accident, and additional insurance products that protect you, your loved ones, and your valuables.
Boost Your Professional Development
- With an OPA membership, you save up to 50% on more than 50 PD programs covering a broad range of topics plus, complete many programs remotely, on your own time.
- Save even more with the new PD subscriptions, get a curated selection of top OPA courses, receive exclusive discounts and first access to RxTalks, OPA’s in-person event experience in July and September 2023. Select from the premium or standard PD subscription. Only available for a limited time.
- Get access to various complimentary live webinars on timely pharmacy topics presented by distinguished speakers through The Right Dose series.
* Early-bird Incentives
The early-bird bonus for 2023 OPA membership offers a chance to win only 1 item in the following list of 12 prizes:
- Honourary and free memberships awarded as a result of other promotions are not eligible
- OPA Staff and Board members are not eligible.
- Draw will be held on Wednesday, December 14 at 4:00 pm.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees for their names to be published across OPA’s communication channels.
Winners will be contacted by phone and email. If we are unable to reach the winners by close of business day on December 21st, OPA reserves the right to draw for another winner.