Quick & Practical COPD
This course offers pharmacists a practical approach to assisting the 2 million Canadians affected by Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Learn about appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions to assist patients with COPD.
The Quick & Practical COPD program is designed in an online format and is intended to provide learners with the knowledge to effectively support patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
This course is created to help you discover quick interventions with your patients with COPD that can make a big difference in their condition and quality of life. Wrapped around 3 patient cases, you will learn about the challenges that patients face during all parts of their disease journey.
This program also introduces the learner to and application of the OPA ACES (assessment, communication, evaluation, solution) model for assessing and treating patients.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology of COPD
- Explain treatment options for patients with COPD, including non-drug and drug therapies
- Identify strategies to prevent acute exacerbations and flare-ups
- Discuss ways to determine education needs for patients with COPD
- Describe the ACES model of assessing and treating patients
- Apply the ACES model in three case studies
Course at a glance:
Who should take this course:
All pharmacy professionals including pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy students, and pharmacy technician students who would like to know more about diabetes management, insulin injection technique and how to provide optimal care to patients with diabetes.