For Part A or Part B pharmacists that practice in Ontario.
The membership fee does NOT include professional liability insurance (PLI). To purchase PLI, add to cart during the checkout process. Save up to $40 when you purchase membership and PLI together.
Your OPA membership will expire on December 31, 2023.
From: $120.00 for 1 year
Important Membership Notes:
- Pharmacists in the first four years of their career receive affordable, tiered pricing.
- Hospital pharmacists do not have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- Pharmacists 65+ may select the Supporting category.
- If you are a pharmacy owner/manager you may wish to choose the Owner/Manager category for benefits applicable to your role .
Benefits of OPA Pharmacist Membership
Practice Support Network (PSN)
OPA membership gives you access to the practice support network (PSN). Get practice or policy questions answered by OPA’s pharmacy expert.
Are you a New Practitioner?
OPA has great membership discounts for pharmacy professionals in the early stages of their careers. The membership fee starts at 80% off for first– year new practitioners.
OPA LEAD is a member-exclusive initiative created to help early-career pharmacy professionals thrive in their personal and professional lives by covering in-demand topics and connecting them with experts.
Raise Advocacy to New Heights
Advocacy efforts for pharmacy professionals are critical as demonstrated by minor ailments prescribing. This monumental change will take pharmacy to new levels, and OPA is here to help you prepare and feel confident in your practice. OPA leverages the voice of pharmacy professionals to create impactful change. We advocate for enhanced scope of practice, to improve patient care, and for efforts that have the profession’s long-term interests in mind. Level up with OPA and join in strengthening the voice of the pharmacy profession.
Up Your Protection with Insurance
During this transformative time in pharmacy, OPA’s leading professional liability insurance (PLI) goes above and beyond to protect you as you fulfill your professional duties. Kindly note, PLI is not included with OPA membership and needs to be added during the checkout process. Here are a few benefits of OPA’s PLI:
- Tribunal Legal Expenses: Options are inclusive of $50,000 to cover legal expenses incurred if you are required to appear before the Ontario College of Pharmacy (OCP) Disciplinary Committee. A higher amount is available for an additional fee. Deductible applies.
- Criminal Action Extension: Covers you with legal defence expenses at OCP disciplinary hearings or complaints to OCP, as well as expenses if you are charged with criminal offences and the trial fails to result in a conviction.
- Tailor-Made: OPA staff, consultants, and the Insurance Committee oversee the Association’s Insurance Program for the benefit of members, their property and the protection of patients.
- Scope of Practice: Automatically covers any changes in the scope of practice at no extra costs immediately after approval by the OCP.
Learn More about OPA’s PLI for Pharmacists.
OPA members can now select from a wider range of insurance products as we’ve added new coverage options in 2022. With everything from auto and home, travel, and term life, select from more insurance products that protect you, your loved ones, and your valuables.
Boost Your Professional Development
Professional Development (PD) to helps boost your knowledge and expand your expertise. Being a part of OPA connects you to a group that understands the dedication and unique aspects of your work.
- With an OPA membership, you save up to 50% on more than 50 PD programs covering a broad range of topics. Plus, complete many programs remotely, on your own time.
- Save even more with new PD subscriptions, get a curated selection of top OPA courses, receive exclusive discounts and first access to RxTalks, OPA’s in-person event experience, in July and September 2023. Select from the premium or standard PD subscription. Only available for a limited time.
- Get access to various complimentary live webinars on timely pharmacy topics presented by distinguished speakers through The Right Dose series.
Rack Savings with Member Discounts
Membership benefits provide you with the opportunity to rack savings that can be equal to or greater than your membership fees.
- OPA MemberPerks offers exclusive discounts on top brands, products, services and more. In 2022 members collectively saved over $15K through OPA MemberPerks alone!
- To help foster wellbeing, this year we are excited to offer members a new member benefit—Focus Mental Wellness, an online video, text, and phone therapy platform.
- Receive exclusive savings on perks that you can apply in your practice, like Canadian Red Cross Training, Pharmacist’s Letter Canada, Vigilance Santé and Relief Buddy.
- Plus, enjoy many other benefits for everyday life including Manulife banking, and GoodLife Fitness.