All Part A and Part B pharmacists practicing in Ontario in community pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, academia, government or administration, industry, insurance, or manufacturing. New practitioners in the first four years of their pharmacy career are offered affordable, tiered pricing with all the same benefits.
Membership expires Dec. 31, 2021
From: $72.00 for 1 year
Why you should join:
Staff pharmacists are the backbone of every pharmacy team. Invest in yourself, your profession, and your patients with an OPA membership that will help you deliver higher standards of patient care and become the most informed and knowledgeable pharmacist you can be. The pharmacy profession in Ontario is facing major changes, and OPA members have an opportunity to be at the forefront.
The number one reason that pharmacy professionals join OPA is to be part of a collective voice that advocates on behalf of the pharmacy profession. Together, we have changed the pharmacy profession and improved the healthcare system for our patients. But, we’re not done yet. The next few years in Ontario healthcare will bring unlimited potential for pharmacy. It’s never been more important to raise our voices and be heard. Make your commitment to be part of the next wave of healthcare in Ontario by joining or renewing your membership with OPA.
More than 40 professional development programs are offered by OPA – most of them approved by the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) including, the upcoming program on common ailments prescribing. Purchase one or more of four PD Bundles with your membership and save up to $210.
OPA has recently created even more opportunities to learn with the launch of the Pharmacy Matters podcast and The Right Dose webinar series. Also, OPA’s popular conference will return in a virtual format in 2021.
All OPA members now have access to OPA’s network of pharmacy experts who can help answer your practice and policy questions. Whether you’re wondering about how new scope changes can be implemented into your practice, about proper documentation for a MedsCheck, a challenging billing question, or anything in between, pharmacy practice experts are available to help.
OPA offers 13 lines of insurance [Check number on new website] to help keep pace with the changing landscape of pharmacy. OPA members get discounts on professional liability, store insurance, and personal insurance like health and dental, out-of-country emergency medical, term life, and more. OPA’s Professional Liability program is $172/year – the most affordable insurance and comprehensive coverage within the pharmacy profession – with the option of up to $5 million in coverage.
OPA is committed to helping pharmacy professionals through-out their careers. Members get access to tools and resources to help them stay up-to-date with current pharmacy topics, and assist with successfully interpreting and implementing government policies and College regulations. OPA publishes on-demand tools to help pharmacy professionals better care for their patients including, discussion tools on improving anti-microbial resistance, responding to and preventing robberies, tapering and switching patient medications, store-level posters for naloxone, flu, and OHIP. New tools are continually being developed as topics emerge for today’s pharmacy professionals.
- New Practitioners will be eligible based on their pharmacy undergraduate or IPG degree year and will remain eligible for New Practitioner status for up to four years. To qualify for the 2021 membership year, your undergraduate or IPG degree year must be 2017, 2018,2019, or 2020.
- Pharmacists 65 years of age and over have the option to select the Supporting category.
- Hospital pharmacists do not have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting but may vote for their board representative.
Benefits of membership:
- Industry leading professional liability insurance
- Access to an extensive list of discounted professional development programs
- Earn more per shift with Relief Buddy, a real-time staffing app that connects pharmacy professionals with relief opportunities
- Conveniently reach a community of pharmacy experts and have difficult practice questions solved through our Practice Support Network
- Save on clinical reference tools