Owners and Managers Membership
Pharmacists who are community pharmacy owners and managers. There is an option to choose a regular membership or the Owners Bundle package of benefits and services. Hospital pharmacy managers should select the hospital pharmacist sub-category.
Membership expires Dec. 31, 2021
From: $357.00 for 1 year
Why you should join:
A growing segment of OPA’s membership, the new Owners and Managers category is for pharmacists who are also pharmacy owners or Designated Managers. You have the option to select:
- Regular OPA pharmacist membership
- Choosing this membership category will allow OPA to send you tailored communications to support your specific role within the pharmacy profession.
- Upgrade to the Owners Bundle and get:
- All the benefits associated with the OPA pharmacist membership
- OPA’s Business Catalyst Services:
- Professional Development – $250 in vouchers to reduce the cost of professional development for both you and your staff.
- Membership in the Owners Advisory Council
- Plus, to further support those who own and operate community pharmacies in the province, OPA has developed a structured Economics Committee, comprised of elected members nominated by the Owners Advisory Council (OAC) as well as appointed members representing specific pharmacy organizations. These groups advise and guide the Board and Association on matters of economic and business relevance.
The number one reason that pharmacy professionals join OPA is to be part of a collective voice that advocates on behalf of the pharmacy profession. Together, we have changed the pharmacy profession and improved the healthcare system for our patients. But, we’re not done yet. The next few years in Ontario healthcare will bring unlimited potential for pharmacy. It’s never been more important to raise our voices and be heard. Make your commitment to be part of the next wave of healthcare in Ontario by joining or renewing your membership with OPA.
More than 40 professional development programs are offered by OPA – most of them approved by the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) including, the upcoming program on common ailments prescribing. Purchase one or more of four PD Bundles with your membership and save up to $210.
OPA has recently created even more opportunities to learn with the launch of the Pharmacy Matters podcast and The Right Dose webinar series. Also, OPA’s popular conference will return in a virtual format in 2021.
All OPA members now have access to OPA’s network of pharmacy experts who can help answer your practice and policy questions. Whether you’re wondering about how new scope changes can be implemented into your practice, about proper documentation for a MedsCheck, a challenging billing question, or anything in between, pharmacy practice experts are available to help.
OPA offers 13 lines of insurance [Check number on new website] to help keep pace with the changing landscape of pharmacy. OPA members get discounts on professional liability, store insurance, and personal insurance like health and dental, out-of-country emergency medical, term life, and more. OPA’s Professional Liability program is $172/year – the most affordable insurance and comprehensive coverage within the pharmacy profession – with the option of up to $5 million in coverage.
OPA is committed to helping pharmacy professionals through-out their careers. Members get access to tools and resources to help them stay up-to-date with current pharmacy topics, and assist with successfully interpreting and implementing government policies and College regulations. OPA publishes on-demand tools to help pharmacy professionals better care for their patients including, discussion tools on improving anti-microbial resistance, responding to and preventing robberies, tapering and switching patient medications, store-level posters for naloxone, flu, and OHIP. New tools are continually being developed as topics emerge for today’s pharmacy professionals.
- New Practitioners who are owners or managers have the option to select the New Practitioner pharmacist sub-category
- Pharmacists 65 years of age and over have the option to select the Supporting category
Benefits of membership:
- Industry leading professional liability insurance, pharmacy insurance and other financial products
- Access to Audit Assist and Complaints Support expertise
- Professional development and networking opportunities with other owners and managers
- Conveniently reach a community of pharmacy experts and have difficult practice questions solved through our Practice Support Network
- Save on clinical reference tools to support your entire pharmacy