Owner and Manager Membership
For pharmacists in Part A or Part B in Ontario who are community pharmacy owners or work as managers in a pharmacy setting (except in a hospital).
The membership fee does NOT include professional liability insurance (PLI). To purchase PLI, add to cart during the checkout process. Save up to $50 when you purchase membership and PLI together.
Your Ontario Pharmacists Association membership will expire on December 31, 2023.
From: $599.00 / year
Important Membership Notes:
- Owners or Managers who are still new practitioners (in the first four years of their pharmacy career) may choose Pharmacist Category for affordable, tiered pricing.
- Owners or Managers who are 65+ have the option to select the Supporting category below.
- OPA offers a range of valuable benefits for pharmacy owners that are only available as part of the Owners Bundle.
- Hospital pharmacists who work as managers may choose the Pharmacist Category.
Benefits of OPA Owner and Manager Membership
NEW Owners Bundle Enhancements
Get the best value for your investment in OPA’s Owners Bundle membership. This year, we’ve added new features for the same great price.
- A full pharmacist membership for 2023 with all included member benefits ($599 value).
- A 2023 annual subscription to MAPfFlow, a powerful minor ailments clinical decision-making and documentation tool ($300 value).
- Access to OPA’s Business Catalyst Services (Complaints Assist, Audit Assist and HR Assist), providing you with timely support for critical business needs ($400 value).
- 2 x $50 Professional Development vouchers to use for yourself, or provide to your staff for their educational needs ($100 value).1
- An additional $50 discount off your Owner’s Bundle price if you purchase a $5M PLI option. For all other levels of PLI, you save $40 off your Owner’s Bundle membership when purchased with membership renewal. PLI needs to be added to cart at an additional cost.
Practice Support Network
OPA membership gives you access to the practice support network (PSN). Get practice or policy questions answered by OPA’s pharmacy expert.
Raise Advocacy to New Heights
Advocacy efforts for pharmacy professionals are critical, as demonstrated by minor ailments prescribing. This monumental change will take pharmacy to new levels, and OPA is here to help you prepare and feel confident in your practice. OPA leverages the voice of pharmacy professionals to create impactful change. We advocate for enhanced scope of practice, to improve patient care, and for efforts that have the profession’s long-term interests in mind. Level up with OPA and join in strengthening the voice of the pharmacy profession. Learn more.
Up Your Protection with Insurance
During this transformative time in pharmacy, OPA’s leading professional liability insurance (PLI) goes above and beyond to protect you as you fulfill your professional duties. Kindly note, PLI is not included with OPA membership and needs to be added during the checkout process. Here are a few benefits of OPA’s PLI:
- Tribunal Legal Expenses: Options are inclusive of $50,000 to cover legal expenses incurred if you are required to appear before the Ontario College of Pharmacy Disciplinary Committee. A higher amount is available for an additional fee. Deductible applies.
- Criminal Action Extension: Covers you with legal defence expenses at OCP disciplinary hearings or complaints to OCP, as well as expenses if you are charged with criminal offences and the trial fails to result in a conviction.
- Tailor-Made: OPA staff, consultants, and the Insurance Committee oversees the Association’s Insurance Program for the benefit of members, their property and the protection of patients.
- Scope of Practice: Automatically covers any changes in the scope of practice at no extra costs immediately after approval by the OCP.
Learn More about OPA’s PLI for Pharmacists.
Pharmacy store related insurance products include retail store, cyber and compounding to protect your valuable assets. Explore products with exceptional coverage for competitive rates.
Boost Your Professional Development
Professional Development (PD) helps boost your knowledge and expand your expertise. Being part of OPA connects you to a group that understands the dedication and unique aspects of your work.
- With an OPA membership, you save up to 50% on more than 50 PD programs covering a broad range of topics. Plus, complete many programs remotely, on your own time.
- Get access to various complimentary live webinars on timely pharmacy topics presented by distinguished speakers through The Right Dose series.
Rack Savings with Member Discounts
Membership benefits allow you to rack savings and elevate your practice and personal life.
- OPA MemberPerks offers exclusive discounts on top brands, products, services and more. In 2022 members collectively saved over $15K through OPA MemberPerks alone!
- To help foster wellbeing, this year we are excited to offer members a new member benefit—Focus Mental Wellness, an online video, text, and phone therapy platform.
- Receive exclusive savings on perks that you can apply in your practice, like Canadian Red Cross Training, Pharmacist’s Letter Canada, Vigilance Santé and Relief Buddy.
- Plus, enjoy many other benefits for everyday life including Manulife banking, and GoodLife