SDM: Injection Training Certificate Program for Pharmacy Technicians
- Add the course to your cart.
- Have an OPA account? Log in using your pre-existing OPA account and complete the checkout process.
- Don’t have an OPA account? Register first by clicking the “Register Now” button.
Once enrolled, go to the “Professional Practice” section of OPA’s website and visit “My Courses” to access the program.
109 in stock
The provincial government’s recent announcement enables registered pharmacy technicians to administer COVID-19 vaccines. OPA’s program is designed to help you master core immunization practices and learn how to adequately administer vaccines by injection.
This program is tailored for pharmacy technicians and is recognized by the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) for registered pharmacy technician injection training. The program also addresses the 7 competencies approved and required by The Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP).
In-person live session:
This mandatory session is for the practical exam portion of the course. Please discuss this with your Associate or Manager. You are strongly recommended to complete the online course prior to your assessment.
- Identify the immunization competencies recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada that are relevant to pharmacy technician practice
- Describe the role of the pharmacy technician in immunization.
- Identify tasks required of those who provide immunization services
- Explain safety precautions for both the patient and those providing immunization services
- List resources for information on immunization for both health professionals and general public
Online Component (4 hours):
In-Person Live Session:
Course at a glance:
Who should take this course:
The Injections Training Certificate Program for Pharmacy Technicians is a two-part series designed to support pharmacy technicians in the provision of injections for COVID-19 vaccines.