A Guide to Direct Ordering using Supemtek™ Influenza Vaccine
Learn about the novel recombinant quadrivalent influenza vaccine and discover when it is appropriate to recommend, and how to use direct orders to enable administration for your patients.
This course gives learners an understanding of the novel recombinant quadrivalent influenza vaccine available in Canada. Direct order and medical directives regulations are explained, and a Plan-Implement-Perform operationalizing module will guide you from Knowledge to Practice so that you can seamlessly offer this vaccine to your patients.
By the end of this module learners will be able to apply the knowledge presented in “Administering a Novel Recombinant Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (SupemtekTM) through Direct Orders in Ontario” to:
- Understand the novel recombinant quadrivalent influenza vaccine SupemtekTM and its place in immunotherapy
- Understand the status of SupemtekTM in both the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) Canadian Immunization Guide for Seasonal Influenza Vaccine for 2022-23 and the Ontario Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP) for 2022-23
- Understand how the status of SupemtekTM in the Ontario 2022-23 UIIP and Pharmacist Scope of Practice for immunizations makes the requirement of a direct order necessary for pharmacist administration
- Understand direct orders and how to request, obtain, and document a direct order to administer SupemtekTM
- Identify patients who may benefit from the administration of SupemtekTM and discuss with them their options for influenza vaccines for 2022-23
- Utilize a Plan-Implement-Perform strategy and best practice advice for providing SupemtekTM to your patients during the 2022-23 influenza immunization program