With the continuing evolution of pharmacy practice in Ontario, we know that members have questions about the changing role of pharmacy professionals, practice guidelines, and policy issues that affect your practice, your business and your ability to provide quality patient care.
Included in your membership is access to OPA’s team of pharmacy experts through the Practice Support Network (PSN) who can help answer your practice- and policy-related questions on a variety of topics such as:
- Legislation, regulation, policy, guidance, and standards that affect pharmacy practice
- Scope of practice changes and how these impact your practice
- Pharmacy program details, such as eligibility, proper documentation requirements, etc. (e.g., MedsCheck, Pharmaceutical Opinion Program, Universal Influenza Immunization Program, COVID-19 testing and vaccination)
- Billing policies for the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) program and other third-party plans
- Tools and resources available to support practice
Members are also encouraged to share their feedback regarding pharmacy practice to help inform OPA’s advocacy priorities to continue evolving the pharmacy profession and advocating for excellence in practice and patient care.
To access the OPA Practice Support Network:
- Email your questions and comments to [email protected]. Please include your name, daytime phone number, and OPA ID.
- Ask your question by phone. Call 416-441-0788 x 0 or 1-877-341-0788 x 0between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. (Public holidays excluded.)
Members who have upgraded to the Owner’s Bundle also have access to OPA’s Business Catalyst Services: