This session will cover the essentials of what community pharmacy professionals need to know for the 2021-2022 Universal Influenza Immunization Program (UIIP). Topics discussed will include a review of the vaccine technology and NACI recommendations, pharmacy operations and logistics, managing influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations concurrently and a review of frequently asked questions regarding the program.
- Review therapeutic information for the influenza vaccine options included in the 2021-2022 UIIP program
- Outline operational considerations for a successful flu shot program in different community pharmacy settings
- Discuss the implications of COVID-19 (pandemic and vaccinations) on the UIIP
- Answer some of the frequently asked questions regarding the UIIP
- Identify opportunities to educate vaccine hesitant patients
This webinar is supported through an educational grant by Seqirus Canada.